Explore new places and make lasting memories close to home with a Downtown Raleigh staycation. With several downtown hotels offering unique weekend packages, take a break from the day to day routine and treat yourself to a hotel stay. Explore the many locally-owned stores and restaurants, drink and dine al fresco, check out local breweries, bike around the city and to Dix and Chavis Parks, visit a variety of museums, and tour public art through a self-guided walking tour. See the city from a new vantage point on your staycation!
STEP 1: Choose your accommodations
From one-of-a-kind boutique hotels to suite-style rooms with kitchens and living spaces to rooftop terrace lounges, Downtown Raleigh hotels offer something for everyone. See the complete list of Downtown Raleigh hotels below. If the hotel is offering a special package, we will note the details under their listing. A map of DTR hotels is available here.
Guest House Raleigh
Hampton Inn & Suites - Raleigh Downtown @ Glenwood South
- All About the Kiddos: Your little ones will feel like VIPS from check-in on. The excitement will start with a themed craft and toy box selection. Artwork will be displayed in the lobby throughout your stay for other guests and kids to see! A dip in our saltwater pool will transform the entire clan during this family get-away. Our ace team can recommend fun things to do in Raleigh with the rascals.
- Big Movie Scoop Snack Assortment: Pop over to our special hotel in Glenwood South for some excitement in this happening district. Package includes a mix of sweet treats and gourmet popcorn for 2-4 people (can also be purchased in our suite shop).
- Romance Package: Enjoy a night away in the heart of Glenwood South in Downtown Raleigh with a bottle of red or white wine, glasses and specialty candy. Make your celebrations even more special inside and outside of our establishment. Our terrific team will add razzle dazzle to your stay. Call a week ahead with details so we can customize your visit. Extra fee based on added requests.
Holiday Inn Hotel Downtown Raleigh
Raleigh Marriott City Center
Stay Longer and Save package
Two rooms with a second adjacent room with two queen beds (must stay 2+ nights), noon check-in and 4 pm check-out, and complimentary WiFi all for $50 per night.
Local Resident Rate - code "DOD
Must stay two+ nights, complimentary WiFi
Residence Inn by Marriott
Book a 30+ night stay with Revisn short-term apartments and receive exclusive benefits from Adara Spa and Azurelise Chocolates, both just steps from your apartment’s front door. Enjoy pedicures, a massage, or a total makeover with your loved one at Adara Spa – splurge a little on a relaxing experience with 15% off one of their services! After, head over to Azurelise’s door for sumptuous chocolates at a Revisn-exclusive price you won’t find anywhere else in Raleigh. After a relaxing and indulgent afternoon, enjoy a stroll down Glenwood Avenue for the gourmet restaurants and eclectic cuisine. Enjoy a drink at the Beer Garden or one of the other many bars in the neighborhoods for a memorable “Staycation” away from your hectic schedule.
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Enjoy a grab and go breakfast included in room rate for up to two adults and children 12 years and under registered in the same. Book online here.
STEP 2: Plan Your Itinerary
EAT + DRINK
Whether you're looking for the variety of a food hall, a James Beard awarded chef's meal or one of the top bagels in the country (Food & Wine, 3/21), Downtown Raleigh offers something for everyone. Check out our resources below to plan your meals, snacks and drinks in DTR:
With over 93% of retail stores locally-owned in Downtown Raleigh, you'll discover one-of-a-kind gifts, clothing, home furnishings, artisanal products and more when shopping in Downtown. Use DRA's map and store listing as a guide to explore downtown shops whether you're looking to browse the eclectic clothing and antiques at Father & Son, pick up locally made products and gifts at Deco, elevate your cocktails with bitters from The Bittery, refresh your home decor with finds from Retro Modern, hunt for treasures at Revolver consignment or shop for kiddos at Read With Me and Marbles Corner Store - and much more. See our map and store listing online here.
You could easily fill up your weekend in Downtown with eating, drinking and shopping all while experiencing the local-vibe and small businesses of Downtown Raleigh. If you want to elevate your weekend away by staying active, taking in some art and culture or exploring history in downtown, check out our resources below to build your own weekend itinerary:
Arts, Culture and History
Outdoors and Active
- Want to keep your fitness routine up while away? Check out our list of local gyms and studios for a drop in class or visit our event calendar to see about outdoor fitness classes in local parks and public spaces.
- Walk or jog a 1 or 3 mile Downtown Raleigh Route following the decals on the sidewalk and using an interactive map here.
- In the City of Oaks, you'll find beautiful park spaces to relax and recharge. Grab a picnic lunch to enjoy at Moore Square, read a book under the trees in Nash Square or toss a frisbee in the open green space at Halifax Mall. Learn more about DTR parks here.
- Bring your bike to explore Raleigh on bike trails and greenways. Try a Citrix Cycle bike along the new protected bike lane on West Street and hop onto nearby greenways or head east to Chavis Park or south to Dix Park. See more info on biking in DTR and maps online here.