It’s fall y’all. The long, hot days of summer are officially behind us and now it’s time for crunchy leaves, foggy mornings, and the musky-sweet smell of autumn air.
Sir Walter Coffee
As the oak trees that line our streets start turning shades of orange and red, you’re probably wondering how you can embrace the season of change when you’re spending time in Downtown Raleigh. So we compiled a list of things to eat, buy, and try that celebrate this enchanting time of year and support local businesses at the same time.
Now raise your PSLs, and let’s cheers to the end of triple-digit temperatures and the start of cozy nights, festive food & drinks, exciting events, and Halloween/Thanksgiving celebrations.
Are you FALLing for Downtown Raleigh? 🍂 Share your love for the season on Instagram and
tag us for a chance to be featured!
Thanksgiving Menu Pre-Orders
Dinner & Mains:
Pastries & Baked Goods:
– Nothing is better than cozying up with a Blackbird Books & Coffee good read on a chilly day, especially if it’s paired with a hot cup of coffee.
– Add a bit of spice to your dinner parties with festive cocktails using earthy, seasonal bitters.
Crude Bitters & The Bittery
– The Decree Company holidays are right around the corner but Decree Company has you covered for all your invites, thank you cards, and other stationery needs.
– Warm up with a hand-brewed, artisan teas in a calming atmosphere.
– Elevate your cold-weather wardrobe with sustainably-made knitted scarves and Fifi + Talbot sweaters.
– Pick up everything you need to give your space that snug, autumn ambiance such as candle or fall-themed decor.
The Gathering Gathering
– Green Monkey’s gift shop is stocked with Halloween goodies including mugs and socks.
The Green Monkey
– Find Munjo Munjo Halloween-themed art, comics, and clothing made by local artists all under one roof.
– Treat yourself to a fresh set of autumn-themed nails in Reign’s serene, glamorous studio.
Reign Luxury Beauty Lounge
Food & Drink
– Step up your Halloween candy with handmade, micro-batch Escazu Chocolates Pistachio Ghost chocolates.
– What a better way to start your day than with a Heirloom Brewshop Pumpkin Cheesecake Mochi Waffle. (You can enjoy mochi waffles even if you’re gluten sensitive!)
– Have a Hallo-wine sampling with your friends at downtown’s newest wine shop.
The Hippo Wine Bar
– If you’re looking for a high-end, fall cocktail experience, the Parlor is now open to the public inside of The Heights House Hotel.
The Parlor at Heights House
– Head over to W. Hargett St. for a satisfying treat from their Raleigh Raw Juice Bar and Cafe fall menu that features clean, fresh autumnal flavors.
– Raleigh Rolls is a unique ice-cream experience that puts a twist–or should we say roll–on the traditional sundae with their October special: the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Rolls. Raleigh Rolls
– Sir Walter Coffee is offering spicetacular drink specials ranging from tea to nitro cold brew, but a pumpkin spice latte is always a classic choice.
Sir Walter Coffee
– Grab a pack (or two) of craft, autumnal brews for football Sundays.
Tasty Beverage Co.
– The mixology at Young Hearts is on point with creative ingredient combinations and a Young Hearts Distilling seasonal selection of spirits distilled in-house.
Events & Activities