Dine Out Downtown: A How-To Guide
Dine Out Downtown, hosted by Downtown Raleigh Alliance, will be on the two Saturdays during Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week, October 3rd & 10th from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. We’ll be closing several blocks of Fayetteville Street, Hargett Street, and Martin Street for expanded outdoor dining. We will have tables and chairs where you can enjoy your restaurant takeout and expanded outdoor dining spaces. Free parking in city decks will be available on Wilmington St.
There are many ways to experience Dine Out Downtown so we've created a how-to guide. As always, please follow all social distancing and public health guidelines and safety protocols to ensure your and the community’s safety.
How to Begin
- Check out our DTR Restaurant Week website for participating restaurants and other restaurants near Fayetteville Street and throughout downtown.
- Order your takeout ahead of time before arriving on Fayetteville Street. If you’d like to dine at a restaurant, call ahead to check the availability of tables, as many restaurants may have reservations due to Restaurant Week and wanting to maintain appropriate capacities.
- Five restaurants will have their seating expanded in the street for the evening: The Big Easy, Bittersweet, Capital Club 16, Sono Sushi and The Raleigh Times with many other restaurants open nearby.
- To get downtown, parking is free at city-owned parking decks identified on the map and for on-street spaces. Cycling and walking are encouraged.
Once You Are Here
- Wear your mask, stay 6 ft apart, wash or sanitize your hands frequently at one of our nearby sanitation stations.
- Alcohol is not available for purchase on the street but can be purchased and consumed at nearby restaurants. Any alcohol purchased at those restaurants MUST be consumed at that restaurant and cannot be brought into the street. This is not an open container event and we want businesses to receive those sales.
- Water, coffee, and sodas will be available for purchase for those eating takeout food at tables on Fayetteville Street.
- Once you have your food, please find an available table within the footprint. If no tables are available, please use nearby benches or other open public spaces, but do not loiter near other diners and maintain appropriate social distance at all times.
- You may also visit the info tent located at Fayetteville St and Martin St. intersection for help finding nearby restaurants that may have seating.
- Dining on Fayetteville Street ends at 9:00 pm, but you are welcome to visit nearby restaurants that are still open. We ask that you finish up by that time to help us clean up and re-open the street promptly.
- Once you are finished, cleaning crews will be stationed to wipe down tables. Hand sanitation stations are also placed throughout the footprint.
- Please throw your trash in one of the nearby receptacles.
- Please come back and visit our many downtown restaurants and retailers, as they need your support.
- Stay tuned for additional nights and locations in the future!