Small Business Workshops
As part of our mission to advance the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone, DRA supports downtown's business owners with quarterly small business workshops.
HR Considerations in the Time of COVID
Downtown Raleigh Alliance and CAI produced a virtual small business workshop focused on human resource considerations and topics during COVID-19. Hear from the HR experts at CAI as well as the operators of Trophy Brewing Co. about their experience and best practices.
- What employers need to know about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Layoffs/Furloughs and Rehiring
- OSHA considerations when dealing with COVID in the workplace
- What to do when an employee has or has been exposed to COVID
- Linda Hunter, Human Resources Business Partner & Advisor, CAI
- Rebecca Couch, COO, Trophy Brewing Co.
Repair & Pivot: DRA Storefront Revitalization Grant Overview and Discussion
Many Downtown Raleigh storefront businesses continue to be affected by the impacts of COVID-19. DRA has created a pivot grant program to assist businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 and give them the opportunity to shift their business model to accommodate uncertain changes.
DRA hosted a grant workshop webinar to share more details about the grant program and learn from downtown businesses who have pivoted their business model due to COVID-19 impacts. We hope to better understand the opportunities, challenges and successes they have faced and explore ways to better support the ever-changing climate of Downtown Raleigh’s business community. FAQ will be added to the Grant page.
Rebounding from COVID-19: Resources for Funding, Best Practices for Safe Reopening and Marketing Strategies to Restore Consumer Confidence
Downtown Raleigh Alliance and Black Dollar presented a virtual small business workshop focused on women and minority business support, resources and strategies to reopen during COVID-19. Speakers shared their perspectives, expertise and advice on financial resources available, opening safely and supporting employees and marketing to restore consumer confidence.
Topics and speakers:
- Legislation, Programs, and other Resources - Katie Gailes, Director of Entrepreneurship Initiatives, Wake Tech Community College
- How Businesses can Stop the Spread of Infection, Incident Reporting, and Return to Work Protocols - Megan Werdel, Manager, Grey & Co.
- Marketing Strategies and Ways to Rebuild Consumer Confidence - Jes Averhart, Founder, Jes & Co and Executive Director, Leadership Triangle
Slides and other resources shared during the presentation: