How to Help Local Nonprofit Entities and Community Organizations
While we have compiled numerous ways to support our downtown businesses during this time, there are also several nonprofit entities, community organizations, and fundraisers that also need help.
If you have something to add, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, restaurants and bars throughout North Carolina were ordered to close dining area service to the public to slow the spread of the coronavirus. The effects were devastating and immediate. Unable to stay open, owners had no choice but to let workers go. There are now thousands of North Carolinians from the restaurant and hospitality industry without jobs or a source of income.
The goal of the NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund is to provide immediate financial assistance to the tens of thousands of cooks, servers, dishwashers, housekeepers, and others who live paycheck-to-paycheck, and suddenly find themselves in distress.
The NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund has been established and will be managed through the North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association Foundation, a 501(c)(3) that has provided financial assistance to hospitality employees and students for more than a decade.
Feed the Soul - NCHF COVID-19 Healthcare Hero Response Fund
The North Carolina Healthcare Foundation (NCHF) COVID-19 Healthcare Hero Response Fund is partnering with locally-owned restaurants in communities across the state to provide meals to healthcare heroes who are on the front lines of caring for patients and communities in this pandemic. This effort will both nourish the bodies and souls of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare heroes and boost local economies during a time of acute need.
There are two ways in which you can help:
- Donate online or by mail to connect hospitals, health systems, care providers, and communities to work collaboratively on addressing priority health issues.
- Write a note of appreciation that will be included with your purchase to show moral support and encouragement to healthcare professionals at the front line of this pandemic here.
100% of your donation will go to support local restaurants and feed a healthcare hero.
Purchases for a Cause
NC Food & Beverage Hat - The guys behind the NC Food & Bev Podcast are selling hats for $30 with proceeds going to the NC Restaurant Workers Relief Fund.
Support Small Collection from CK Creations - This exclusive collection embodies favorite designs in different colors. Designed to support local businesses in NC affected by the pandemic. 20% of the proceeds will benefit other small businesses and makers in NC.
Nonprofit & Community Organizations
As a transitional program for those experiencing homelessness here in the Raleigh area, there are several areas of needs during this pandemic crisis:
- Host a meal through sponsorship to help provide in the absence of volunteers.
- Provide a financial gift to help purchase computers and new technology for adults and children to do distance learning and online counseling.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is in desperate need of canned fruits and vegetables to continue its production of emergency food boxes. The Food Shuttle has been distributing approximately 1,500 food boxes and BackPack Buddies each week in their seven-county service area since the onset of COVID-19. They anticipate that they will need approximately 6,000 canned fruits and vegetables per week to continue at that pace. Learn more about no-contact drop-offs and their most needed items on their website. You can also donate to them directly if you prefer.
Donate canned food, provide a financial donation, or volunteer to support this organization in need. Donate here.
Artspace is providing many resources and ways for people to engage with their exhibitions and education programs online. There are several ways you can support Artspace to ensure they can open their doors again when it is safe to do so:
- Donate today.
- Become a Member. Individual, Family, and Artist memberships are available with great benefits.
- Buy a work of art from FRESH. Artspace is hosting a fundraising exhibition of North Carolina artists. 70% of the sale of work goes directly to the artist and 30% supports Artspace's exhibition and education programs.
- Donate from Artspace's wish list.
- Have your next event at Artspace. They are still accepting rental applications.
Vintage Church Opportunities - Vintage Church is keeping a running list of opportunities to support our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.