Join Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Job Title/Position: Communications Coordinator
Report to: Sr. Manager of Marketing and Communications
FLSA Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Are you a creative writer who enjoys crafting content for various audiences on digital platforms? Do you have a passion for the Downtown Raleigh community? Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) seeks a creative and detail-oriented communications professional to manage the organization’s digital presence, predominately social media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Execute social media strategy through writing, curating and publishing engaging content for DRA’s social media platforms, which include Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments. Regularly and strategically repost downtown businesses’ content.
• Manage website by keeping pages up-to-date and relevant, including writing content for event webpages and updating photography as needed.
• Oversee online events calendar including review, approval and posting of events.
• Attend DRA events and produce live social media content.
• Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar that aligns with DRA’s communications and marketing strategies.
• Provide analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media and web strategies.
• Develop content, write and send email newsletters, including weekly e-newsletter.
• Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
• Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
• Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
• Impeccable time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Proficiency with photo editing tools
• Excellent social listening skills
• Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented with proven ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Positive and professional attitude
• Curious and demonstrates initiative
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in marketing, communications or journalism preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in communications and social media specifically
• Experience using a social media management tool such as SproutSocial
• Experience using email newsletter tool such as iContact or Constant Contact
• Experience using Photoshop
• Design and photography skills and experience, a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Communications Coordinator is a non-exempt employee. Compensation shall be commensurate with experience and will qualify for a generous benefits package to include health, dental, and retirement contributions. Vacation and sick time are also included.
The Communications Coordinator will work remotely for the near-term and, when safe to do so, will work out of the DRA administrative office in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Due to the nature of the position, it is expected that this individual will occasionally work outside the normal 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. office hours.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or other reasons prohibited by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, use of all company facilities, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, participation in any of the organization's programs or services, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Please email resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples including 1 social media writing sample, and a list of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.