Join Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Reports to: Events + Placemaking Manager
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt. 6-month contract
Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) seeks to recruit 2-3 Activations Coordinators to assist in the planning and execution of weekend events from March – October. We’re looking for an individual to lead Moore Square Market and Dine Out Downtown who is customer-focused, experienced in event management and passionate about Downtown Raleigh. Moore Square Market is Downtown Raleigh’s weekly farmers market produced in partnership with City of Raleigh. Dine Out Downtown is an initiative where DRA closes streets and sets up tables/chairs to provide expanded outdoor dining for restaurants.
- Manage day-of logistics for Moore Square Market including:
- Transport and set-up of market materials
- Oversee vendor set-up and breakdown, tracking attendance, and serving as a source of information.
- Collect vendor fees, process SNAP/EBT sales and maintain accurate records of payment.
- Manage day-of logistics for Dine Out Downtown including:
- Timely set-up and breakdown of signs and tables/chairs
- Management and coordination of vendors, staff, and volunteers
- Communicate with participating businesses and performers/entertainment.
- Required to drive company provided pick-up truck with trailer to transport materials for activations
- Uphold event safety standards and sanitize equipment as needed
- Work with the Placemaking and Activations Manager to evaluate and enhance activations
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, communications, parks and recreation, public health or any other related field
- 1-2 years of experiences in event management and planning
- Ability to work roughly 20 hours per month to be assigned for at least two weekends, inclusive of Saturday evenings and Sundays.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
Skills and Capabilities:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-facing or retail roles
- Strong event management and organizational skills
- Be proactive and forward thinking
- Possess strong level of curiosity and be community-driven
- Thrive in fast-paced environment
- Big picture thinker and detail-oriented
- Be willing to engage with and be passionate about helping the downtown Raleigh community
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Able to move equipment, which may include pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Able to stand up for up to six (6) hours at a time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Activations Coordinator is a non-exempt employee and will be paid $16-18 per hour based on experience.
The Activations Coordinator will be expected to work roughly 20 hours per month. Most of the time will be with Moore Square Market on Sundays from 8:00am-3:00pm. Dine Out Downtown, will vary Friday and Saturday from 4:00-11:00pm. Moore Square Market’s hours of operation are Sundays from 10:00am-2:00pm beginning May 1, 2022 and ending October 30, 2022. Dine Out Downtown’s hours of operation will be 6:00-9:00pm, and vary Friday and Saturday (dates TBD).
DRA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with State and Federal laws including fair employment practice laws, which provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status, or disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or other reasons prohibited by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, use of all company facilities, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, participation in any of the organizations programs or services and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Please email your resume, cover letter, two examples of events or markets you supported or managed, and a list of 3 references to Patina Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.