For Immediate Release
Director of Marketing and Communications, DRA
email@example.com | 919.796.6606
Downtown Raleigh Alliance Creates Dedicated COVID-19 Resources to Support Downtown Raleigh Businesses, Workers, and Residents
RALEIGH, NC (March 20, 2020) – In response to COVID-19 and in order to continue serving Downtown Raleigh businesses, workers, and residents, Downtown Raleigh Alliance has established a dedicated resource page at DowntownRaleigh.org/COVID-19.
On it you will find the following:
- All the Downtown Raleigh restaurants, bars, and bottle shops offering takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery.
- All the Downtown Raleigh retailers that are open and/or offering extended services like curbside pickup, online sales, and local delivery.
- Where to buy groceries and other essential items in Downtown Raleigh.
- The City of Raleigh Temporary Curbside Parking Zones information and map.
- DRA’s tips for How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Raleigh Businesses.
- Other resources such as local news, community fundraisers, and how to find businesses outside of downtown.
We will continue to update and add to these resource pages as new information becomes available. During this time of uncertainty, Downtown Raleigh’s small businesses need our support more than ever. They are the lifeblood of the Downtown Raleigh economy and culture, and there are many ways to continue to patronize them even while practicing social distancing.
“We want everyone to prioritize their safety and the health of our community,” said Bill King, DRA President and CEO. “We have provided ways for doing so, while also still supporting the small and locally owned businesses that make Downtown Raleigh the dynamic and unique place it is.
“As much as possible, please support these businesses in a time of incredible uncertainty and disruption.”
First and foremost, people must take all health and safety precautions for themselves and others in our community. The safety of Downtown Raleigh’s residents, workers, and visitors is of the utmost importance to us at Downtown Raleigh Alliance. We are continuing to monitor all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19, and we will inform our stakeholders of any relevant changes.
The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
For questions and interview requests with DRA President and CEO Bill King, please contact Katie Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (919) 796-6606.