2105 Umstead Dr
Raleigh, NC 27603
The Plaza & Play is approximately 12 acres and sits on the southern edge of the park and will become the main entrance to Dix Park along Lake Wheeler Road, welcoming visitors travelling from around the City and across the State.
As described in the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan, the Plaza & Play aspires to be an inviting and inspiring public space for all ages with one of a kind play spaces, a civic plaza, fountains, gardens, and areas to cookout and relax with family and friends. The history of the site will come alive through public art, interpretive signage, and a rehabilitated historic house.
The project design will rely upon and build from analyses, priorities, and recommendations as defined by the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan, approved by the Raleigh City Council on February 19, 2019.
For More Information
Contact: Grayson Maughan – Senior Park Planner, Project Manager at (919) 996-4793 or email@example.com
- 518 S Dawson St Lot518 S Dawson St (0.8 miles NE)
- 800 S Salisbury St Parking Lot800 S Salisbury St (0.8 miles NE)
- 600 S McDowell St Lot600 S McDowell St (0.8 miles NE)
- 0 S Salisbury St Lot* 0 S Salisbury St (0.8 miles E)
- Boulted Bread614 W South St (0.5 miles NE)
- Cold Off The Press416 W South St (0.6 miles NE)
- Sam Jones BBQ502 W Lenoir St (0.6 miles NE)
- Rebus Works301 Kinsey St (0.8 miles NE)
- Hartwell620 W South St (0.5 miles NE)
- Sircastletees610 W South St (0.5 miles NE)
- Artikle 74602 W South St (0.5 miles NE)
- Fat Munchiez at Artikle 74602 W South St (0.5 miles NE)
Nearby Arts, Culture + Entertainment
- Dorothea Dix Park2105 Umstead Dr (866 feet NW)
- The Wicked Witch416 W South St (0.6 miles NE)
- BLAM Studios301 Kinsey Street (0.8 miles NE)
- Raleigh Chamber800 S Salisbury St (0.8 miles NE)