In an effort to keep shoppers, vendors, and market managers as safe as possible while continuing to provide the essential service of providing fresh food to our communities, and to adhere to social distancing requirements, DRA and City of Raleigh are implementing the following safety protocols. Market managers will remind all market participants to follow these expectations.
- Wear a mask in accordance with the CDC recommendations regarding use of face coverings.
- Sanitize your hands when you enter the market space. We have hand sanitizing stations available.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other shoppers, especially when in line. Market managers will be reminding shoppers to keep their distance.
- Pre-order with your favorite vendors as much as possible for quick and contact-free pickup at the market.
- If you are sick, or a member of your family is sick, STAY HOME.
- Wash your produce when you get home.
Farmers & Producers Rules:
- Only pre-packaged samples will be permitted at the market.
- No food preparation will be permitted on site. All prepared foods must be ready to take away to eat off-site.
- All staff MUST USE GLOVES and regularly change them throughout the market.
- Vendors must regularly sanitize or wash hands at least once per hour.
- All staff are strongly encouraged to wear masks of some sort throughout the market.
- Vendors are encouraged to bring an extra table or sit farther back in their tent so a 6 ft space is maintained between them and shoppers.
- Implement contactless pay, pre-order/pickup, and other low-touch or no-touch options as much as possible.
- If have to collect cash, round up to the nearest dollar to limit giving back change. And utilize market-provided plastic bins to collect any cash and SNAP tokens for contactless payment.
Market Management Safety Commitments:
- Market managers will enforce social distancing by placing chalk or tape marks at 6 ft intervals to help with line management at vendor tents, and will remind shoppers as they enter the market, and throughout the market space.
- Vendor tents will be spaced 6 feet apart.
- Market managers will wipe down commonly used surfaces, such as the market information table and SNAP redemption devices.
- DRA will continue to accept SNAP/EBT payments and offer our Double Bucks program. Please bring your EBT card as usual to the information tent to redeem for tokens. Pay with your tokens by placing in designated payment bin at vendor booths to aid in contactless payment. Tokens will be sanitized between markets.